Mission, Vision, Values & Board
ABOUT THE J
A LEGACY OF CONNECTION
Since 1971, the Kaiserman JCC has worked to advance and enrich life in Philadelphia. Our mission is to create fulfilling connections, enhance lives, and foster Jewish peoplehood through inspirational wellness, arts, educational and cultural programs inspired by Jewish life and Israeli culture. Our campus, which is located just west of Philadelphia, serves a diverse community through programs and activities that impact families, teens, and older adults. The JCC is committed to serving our entire community and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
VALUES ROOTED IN TRADITION
Our guiding organizational values are rooted in Jewish tradition and inform how we deliver our mission. These values have universal resonance in the Jewish community and beyond—we welcome everyone to participate in the programming we offer.
- Sakranut (Curiosity) – We pursue any opportunity to learn and grow as an organization and as individuals in service to our community.
- Hod (Amenability) – We embrace change and stay nimble as community needs and preferences evolve.
- Hachnasat Orchim (Hospitality) – We are committed to welcoming people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Simcha (Joy) – Our work and what we offer to others inspires happiness and fulfillment, even amid life’s great challenges.
- L’dor V’dor (Connection) – We help strengthen the bonds between and among generations by bridging our past with a diverse and inclusive future.
GOALS & STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
Our goals and priorities are mindful of the people we serve, and our aim is to deliver what is expected and hoped of us as a partner in and builder of community. To achieve this, we must be nimble, while also leveraging our top strengths. Gone are the days when families join a JCC simply because it is a Jewish institution—we must keep pace with the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of the broader community. As a place-based organization, our highest priority is to renew and revitalize our facilities. With an improved, state-of-the-art campus comes the opportunity for highest-quality programming that reaches more people than ever before. It also ensures that we become a vibrant hub of Philadelphia’s Jewish community.Our Strategic Plan
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Dena Young Lebovic