For students of all ages and experience levels!
Gymnastics at the J!
Lead by our Head Coach Valencia Chang, students of all ages and experience levels will have the chance to learn and develop their gymnastics skills. Gymnastics teaches students balance, muscle control, and discipline and you will not want to miss out on all the fun!
Check out our class offerings and sign-up below by selecting the class you’d like on the calendar. If you have any questions regarding the program or the sign up process, please reach out to Matt Martin!
Fall Registration is OPEN!
Please check out our class offerings below, and class descriptions at the bottom of the page. Click the class you want to register for to complete registration.
TINY TUMBLERS (3 Years – Pre-K)
This class is specifically designed for preschoolers as an introduction to gymnastics’ basics. Students are introduced to fun-filled creative circuits and activities designed to improve motor skills, listening ability and coordination. Children must be toilet trained to participate in this class.
Children in this class will learn progressive skills in gymnastics. Students are taught basic gymnastics skills that increase balance, strength, and agility. Your child will experience the satisfaction of mastering a new skill and gain confidence.
TUMBLE WEEDS (Grades 1 & 2)
The skill progression in this class is comparable to KinderKids, however that is not a prerequisite to take this class. Your child will work to build gymnastics skills that increase coordination, muscle development and skill level. Great for beginners and more experienced gymnasts.
ROUND OFF ROCKETS (Grades 3 & 4)
Children in this class will start with basic gymnastics skills and build up from what they have learned. Students will improve their body awareness, muscle control, speed and power. Your child will feel satisfaction mastering new skills and gaining confidence.
TUMBLE STARS (ADVANCED Kindergarten through Grade 4)
This class is for more advanced gymnasts who know and have a strong grasp of the basics that can be built upon and continue to learn the next progression of skills. For this class, your child must be able to do a backwards roll, handstand, cartwheel, bridge and pullover. This longer class allows for more work on strength and conditioning and flexibility.
AERIALS (Grade 5 & Up)
This class is designed to is designed for more experienced gymnasts to work on skill development, as well as improve strength and flexibility. Students will work on routines that involve arial maneuvers.
Notes and Dress Code
- Gymnasts should arrive to class with leotard, unitard, or fitted T-shirt and leggings/shorts. Please do not send them in anything big, baggy, or loose that would go over the head when upside down, or skirts that will wrap around the bar.
- No buttons, zippers, snaps, or belts on pants. No jean shorts. No rings on fingers, or necklaces and bracelets that can get caught or broken. Stud earrings recommended over hoops or dangling earrings, for safety.
- Hair should be secured out of the face with ponytail holders and clips. Nothing bumpy that would hurt to roll on, or hair bands that will fall off the head.
- Make sure to go to the bathroom before class and bring a filled water bottle if needed.
- Students and families must come in through the blue doors by the drinking fountain off the back lobby, and wait on the bleachers until teachers come to start their class. Please do not allow any siblings or spectators to run around and go on the equipment, apparatus, and mats for safety reasons
- Please exit out through the clear gym doors.