Paws in The Pool!
Thursday, September 29 and Friday, September 29 | 4:30-7pm
Harley’s Paws In The Pool!
NEW DATES AND TIME:
Thursday, September 28 or Friday, September 29
$10 per dog
Before we “paws” our pools for the season, we invite our canine friends for a day of swimming, splashing and socializing in our fenced-in outdoor pool area! Both the toddler pool and main pool will be open.
Pre-register and receive a FREE event bandana for each pup you register!Click here to register or to make a donation!
- Each dog must have a completed registration form before gaining entry into the event.
- Owner/handler must be at least 18 years of age.
- Maximum 2 Dogs per adult
- All dogs must be current on their vaccinations (Distemper, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza, Bordetella and Rabies)
- All pets must be spayed or neutered.
- Your dog may be released from their leash upon entering the pool deck area, following registration. No leashes while in the pool.
- If there are behavior problems, your will be asked to leash your dog and or leave. Your dog must remain under your control at all times.
- Know your dog’s personality. If he/she is acting aggressively, or overly affectionate, please calm him/her down before un-leashing. If your dog maintains an aggressive and/or overly affectionate demeanor, owner and dog will be escorted from the event.
- Please be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming. Some dogs swim well, some don’t. If not, he/she may become afraid or aggressive.
- Owners must appropriately dispose of their dog’s fecal matter in designated areas that are provided. Be courteous to other guests and clean up your dog’s “accidents”.
- Please help your dog into and out of the pool. Lifeguards will be on hand if you or they need assistance.
- Do not bring dogs that have health conditions that may endanger themselves or others.
- Humans are only allowed in pool to assist in getting dog in/out or to play with their dogs. No Free Swim, Laps, or Walking.
- Outside food or drinks (pet or human) are not allowed in the pool.
- No puppies under three (3) months old.
- Please notify a staff person or volunteer if you have any questions.
In loving memory of Harley:
Paws in the Pool is dedicated to the memory of a cherished friend, Harley, who passed away in July 2023. A therapy dog and beloved member of our community, Harley touched countless lives during his time with us. Under the care of Amy Foster, director of the Robert J. Wilf Preschool and Kindergarten and COO of the JCC, Harley brought joy and comfort to all he encountered. Harley inspired young readers for many years and nurtured their confidence through calming reading sessions. In his retirement, he could still be found on campus, taking walks or swimming at the end of the Summer. As we remember Harley, we invite you to honor his legacy by joining us for a day filled with doggie paddles, laughter, and togetherness as we “paws” our pools for the season.