Wellness Classes and Workshops
Adult Wellness Classes and Workshops at the J
We have partnered with Main Line Health to bring our active adult community opportunities to learn more about health and wellness! Check out our current offerings below.
Lunch & Light Bites Series:
A Matter of Balance with Main Line Health:
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award winning eight-session program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. Participants will receive free fall prevention items. Class is limited to 12 participants.
8 Sessions: Fridays | March 3 – April 21
(No class April 7)
You will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls Volunteer Lay Leader Model ©2006. This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright ©1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University. A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging. A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model was developed by a grant from the Administration on Aging (#90AM2780).