This week we celebrated Read Across America Day on Wednesday. From the Robert J. Wilf Preschool and Kindergarten, to our Kidstime After School Enrichment program, children spent the day exploring the joy that is reading. Here are some pictures from my joining one of our Kindergarten classes for a read aloud.
We are living through difficult times. While things are improving with the pandemic, many of us are heartbroken by what is happening in the Ukraine. The Read Across America initiative reminds us that the finest children’s literature provides the next generation with models to live thriving, resilient, empathetic lives. Join the effort, and pick up a book.
Here are some of our favorites; in honor of Women’s History Month we have gone with all women authors.
- The Colors of Us by Karen Katz
- In My Heart: A Book of Feelings by Jo Witek
- Kindness Makes Us Strong by Sophie Beer
- Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- The Year We Learned to Fly by Jacqueline Woodson
- Yoko by Rosemary Wells